Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Today is a new day.  What is it I am going to do today?  Who will I be?

I have started with a yoga class which concentrates on gratitude, setting a purpose for the day, and taking time for yourself.  It is truly the most refreshing part of my day.  I'm not very good at it and I have learned that I have absolutely no balance, but it is still very refreshing as long as I remember that you can't be hard on yourself.

I have made a pact with myself;  I am going to re-brand.  I don't think it is going to be easy but I am going to do it.  I decided that today it will start with a new haircut.  I went to my stylist, Stephanie, and said "Make me someone new."  She cut off the long hair that I have had all my life and here I am with a short new bob.  It's a happy, bouncy haircut just like the person I used to be and want to be again.  It's perfect.  It's a great start. 

Now what?  Everyday I have a process to look for interesting jobs on the internet, fill out applications and follow up on those that I have sent out.  It hasn't worked very good, but I will continue the process just in case.  Our sofa is getting ugly and worn and with 3 kids in college, it isn't the right time to get a new one.  I am going to stain the sofa a different color - dark brown!  My husband will freak, but he will get used to it.  We have been married 29 years and he is pretty accustom to coming home to see my "PROJECTS" as he calls them.  Maybe I will find a new talent, something I can turn into a business.

I like the color and I have learned 2 things:  wear gloves because your hand look horrible afterwards (a good excuse for a manicure I guess) and you need a lot more stain than you think you will!  Oh well, the project will just take a little longer than expected.  2 4 ounce bottles of stain only covers 2 cushions, I never would have guessed it would take so much! I can't wait to see the finished product, but it will have to be next week because I didn't pay for express shipping.

I didn't find the new me today, but I did accomplish 2 things.  Tomorrow will be a new day and I am setting off on an adventure for 3 days.  Something we hadn't been able to do before because of all the responsibilities with the kids.  I am going to Chicago with my husband.  He will work and I will explore my opportunities from a different location.

Before


New Color







1 comment:

  1. I really like the new color of your couch! Good luck on your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete